IndexHow is SHM-CD format manufactured? Join Factory Tour
About SHM-CDSHM-CD (Super High Material CD) is a superior quality CD fully compatible with all CD players. SHM-CD utilizes a polycarbonate material originally developed for LCD screens, and the enhanced transparency of the SHM-CD results in more clarity, depth and definition of sound, bringing the listener ever closer to the music of the original master.
＊Results may vary depending on playback environment.
Features of the SHM-CD: ProductionThe injection molding system developed by JVC KENWOOD enhances the increased fluidity and greater transfer qualities of the polycarbonate, creating a new and improved disc in a compatible CD format.
- The machine utilizes a precision master metal stamper also developed by JVC KENWOOD.
- SHM-CD has it’s own production line, exclusively created for manufacturing SHM-CDs.
At JVC KENWOOD, we take pride in this meticulous production process, and prioritize quality over quantity.
Features of the SHM-CD: Quality
- Every SHM-CD is made from a highly transparent polycarbonate originally designed for LCD screens.
- Increased fluidity and greater transfer qualities of the polycarbonate allow for finer precision in pit formation.
- Cleaner audio signals reduce jitter and the effects of birefringence.
Features of the SHM-CD: Hardware
- Conforms to the Red Book specification and definition of a Compact Disc Digital Audio.
- Compatible with all CD players.
- A CD with exceptional qualities across the board.
- Superior manufacturing process extracts the highest possible sound quality.
Features of the SHM-CD: Sound Quality
- Crystal clear sound.
- Significantly higher resolution.
- Excellent balance and stability.
- Reduction in distortion, and improvement in bass range volume.
SHM-CD Popular Titles
*All of the contents except for the sentence on the very top are provided by Universal Music Japan.