- Search for the product in mind using the search bar from the CDJapan Proxy Shopping portal, or use other methods to obtain the URL for the item
- Complete and submit the Request Form
- Find the unique URL created for your Requested Order enclosed the Approval email
- Press your order from your Request History
- Once your order is confirmed, CDJapan will proceed to purchase the item(s)
- CDJapan receives the order, after thorough inspection and packaging, we will inform you the Procurement Fee and International Shipping (actual price difference) by email. For credit card users, you will receive an email requesting the final payment, this amount will be deducted from your account 3 days after receiving the email. For PayPal users, we will send a final payment request to your PayPal account, please make the payment within 3 days of receiving the request.
- The shipment will be on its way to your doorsteps.
Payment and Fees
Initial Payment (charged upon pressing Order)
|Item Price||as disclosed|
|Service Fee||10% Item Price (or 500yen**)|
|Optional Services Fee***||Optional|
*A 500yen Standard Fee will apply universally for handling and packaging of each order.
**For orders under 5000yen, a minimum Service Fee of 500 applies.
***Whereas usually one parcel is sufficient for one order, in case the volume of your Requested Order exceeds the capacity of the largest box we have available, the order will be split accordingly. Handling Fee, optional services fee (if applicable) and international shipping charge will apply depending on the number of packages your Requested Order entails.
****Initial International Shipping Change only occurs as an estimate, the difference between the actual price will be either charged or refunded in the next transaction.
Final Payment (charged upon shipping)
|Procurement Fee*||as disclosed|
|International Shipping**||Actual Price difference|
*includes postage within Japan as disclosed and or other related costs if applicable.
**the difference between the actual and estimated amount either charged or refunded.
Taxes and Customs Related Charges
Your package is subject to customs tax once it arrives in your country. In such case, it will be your responsibility to complete the payment in order to receive your order.
We provide the following two optional services:
Insurance Plan (500yen/per parcel) For 500yen extra, your package will be insured for any damaged and or missing item(s) occurred during transit. In which case, CDJapan will refund in full (item price + shipping + other service fees occurred) or replace damaged/missing item(s) accordingly. *Insurance is NOT applicable to customs related taxes and fees.
Package Consolidation (300yen/per parcel) Better packaging and cushioning means better protection for your prized items. We highly recommend this service for valuable items.
You can choose from the following shipping methods:
|Shipping Method||Average Delivery Time||Max Weight||Insurance|
|EMS||3-6 days||Up to 20kg||Insured|
|Registered Air Mail*||5-12 days||Up to 2kg **||Insured|
|Registered SAL Small Packet *||2-6 weeks||Up to 2kg **||Insured|
*Maximum box size: W: 780 x D:470 x H:330
- Credit Card
*Orders using other payment methods will be canceled.
Cancellation, Replacement and Refund Policy
- Cancellations, Refunds won't be possible after your order is finalized.
- All Requested Orders are carefully inspected upon arrival at our warehouse, there will be no replacement or refund for any damages occurred after this.
- The Insurance Optional Plan (an additional 500yen), will cover for damages and or missing item(s) occurred during transit. In which case, CDJapan will refund you in full (item price + shipping + other service fees occurred) or replace damaged/missing item(s) accordingly.
- Requested Items with missing components will be refunded in full.
- Items with Backorder status can take up to months to process, and there's a chance you may not be able to obtain it. In this case, we will proceed to refund in full.
- If the parcel is returned due to rejection or failure to pay related taxes, a refund will not be applicable.
They are unable to be listed /shipped because they applied either of the followings restrictions.
Items Prohibited To Be Shipped Internationally
- Gunpower [Fireworks, Crackers, and Ammunitions]
- Flammable Liquids [Lighter Fuel, Oil Fuel, Manicure, Perfume, and Paint]
- Compressed Gasses [Fire extinguishers, Aqualungs, Dust removers (spray type), Portable condensed oxygen, Helium gas, Gas stove burners for camping, Gas for portable stoves, Gas for lighters]
- Flammable Materials [Matches, Charcoal, and Lighters]
- Oxidizers [Bleach, Peroxidative agents, Oxygen generators for personal use]
- Poisonous substances [Chloroform and Insecticide transpirators (heat type)]
- Corrosive Substances [Mercury and Battery]
- Radioactive Substances [Plutonium, Radium, Uranium, and Cesium]
- Narcotics and Psychotropic substances
- Live Animals
- Pornographic Materials[Pornographic or immoral materials, Book, DVD, CD, and so on]
- Valuables [Coins, Banknotes, Paper money, Processed or unprocessed platinum, Gold/silver, Gem, Precious stones, and other valuables]
- Important Cultural Properties and Art Treasures [Important cultural properties, Historic sites, Places of scenic beauty and natural monuments, Important Tangible Folk-cultural Property Endangered Species Genetically Modified Crops Ivory, Tortoiseshell, Alligator leather, Tiger skin]
- Items contain Lithium battery (e.g. mobile phone, tablet, computer, game console, MP3 player...etc.)
Items Can Not Be Requested Due to Our Restriction Policy
- Fan Club Collectibles
- Fan Club Registration
- Event Exclusive Products
- Internet auction items
- Physical store only items [The items available only at bricks-and-mortar stores in Japan.]
- Items sold at stores do not accept orders that require Bank deposit and Japan Post transfer.
- Products which overseas distributions are prohibited by the publisher.
- Downloaded contents such as MP3's, video files, software applications...etc.
Q Can I request items from multiple shops and purchase from CDJapan in one order?
A Yes, and you can combine your shipment without further charges.
Q Gift wrapping options? Can I send the order to an address other than my own?
A Gift wrapping is available for a little bit extra; and yes, you will be able sent your order to an address not of your own.
Q What if a product comes damaged?
A If the package is insured with the Optional Insurance plan (500yen/per parcel), please contact our customer services with a picture of the damaged item. CDJapan Customer Support: email@example.com
Q What about missing items?
A If the package is insured with the Optional Insurance plan (500yen/per parcel), please contact our customer services. CDJapan Customer Support: firstname.lastname@example.org
Q What if I couldn't find a specific item from the search results?
A You need not to worry! Click on the "Request Item" button on the Proxy Shopping main page, fill in the required info on the Request Form, and we will process your order.
Q Can I redeem Reward Points for Proxy Shopping orders?
A Yes, you will be able to make purchases using previous accumulated Reward Points. However, points will NOT be rewarded for Proxy Shopping item(s).